I’m working towards incorporating reef resilience principles into current management of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. In the past, I have worked as a research affiliate with the Oceans and Coasts Program at the Nature Conservation Foundation.
In addition, I work with the Konkan Cetacean Research Team along Konkan coast in Maharashtra.
Contact: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bangalore: +91 9481728583, Andaman: +91 9679567753
Keywords: Ecology, coral reefs, conservation, marine mammals, crabs, resilience, acoustics
I am interested in marine ecology, particularly in elasmobranchs and the coral reef ecosystem. My current research is on assessing threatened elasmobranchs in the Andamans, India supported by the Rufford Foundation and Conservation Leadership Program.
My primary interests lie in understanding the ecology of coral reefs and reef-associated flora and fauna. My current work focusses on assessing the role of herbivorous reef fish in maintaining the coral-algal balance on coral reefs of the Andaman Islands, India supported by the Rufford Foundation.
I am intrigued by coral reefs. I intend on studying the interactions in marine ecosystems between coral reefs and reef-associated organisms.
- Akhila Paranjape, MES Garware College
- Sowjanya Chandrasekhar, James Cook University
- Sitara Hussain, Diver Master with Andaman Bubbles
- Ipshita Adhyapak, TERI University
- Harsh Narola, IISER IISER Tirupati
- Vishwanath KG, IISER Tirupati
- Babu Kutti
- Naveen Ekka
- Sanjay Tirkey
- James Tirkey
Logistical & other support
- Nature Conservation Foundation
- Andaman Nicobar Environmental Team
- National Centre for Biological Sciences
- Centre for Wildlife Studies
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Reef Watch Marine Conservation
- Andaman and Nicobar Forest Department
- Dakshin Foundation